"Let us keep close together, not far apart... Waiho I te toipoto kaua I te toiroa"
Volunteers are valued members of our team here at Cranford Hospice. We simply could not provide care to patients and families, at no cost to the patient, without their help.
We have around 400 volunteers and their contribution to the organisation is huge. Volunteers help in our Cranford stores, at the hospice and with fundraising events in our wider community.
Watch the video, we asked our volunteers: Why do you volunteer at Cranford Hospice?
Here are some of the amazing ways our volunteers give:
- The gardening team helps keep our grounds beautiful all year round
- Flower arrangements for the hospice
- Work within our kitchen
- Helping with laundry services at hospice
- Reception work
- Patient care at the inpatient unit
- Helping with our Day Hospice programme
- Our Life Review service providing biographies for patients
- Hospice Stores - volunteers work on a rostered basis through the week
- Many other areas
Did you know?
- Volunteers provide more than 50,000 hours every year to help keep Cranford Hospice running smoothly
- The Cranford Hospice Board members are also volunteers
- Our volunteers are treasured members of our team and are fully trained and supported in their roles
- Volunteers are part of the origins of Cranford – we started in 1982 in Hawke's Bay with a small handful of volunteers.
We are so grateful and impressed with our many volunteers, their commitment and service. Thank you!